Some random stuff/trivia for your day:
- Meet Verona Rupes. Verona Rupes is a cliff on Miranda, a moon of Uranus. The cliff face is estimated to be 12 miles high, which makes it the tallest known cliff in the Solar System. Given Miranda’s low gravity, it would take about 12 minutes to fall from the top, reaching the bottom at a speed of 124 mph.
- Meet Mount Thor. Mount Thor is a mountain with an elevation of 5,495 feet located in Auyuittuq National Park, on Baffin Island, Nunavut, Canada. The mountain features Earth’s greatest vertical drop of 4,100 feet, with the cliff overhanging at an average angle of 15 degrees from vertical. Despite its remoteness, this feature makes the mountain a popular rock climbing site.
- Check out “cliff camping” on Google Images. Beyond scary.
- Check out this list of David Feherty’s best quotes. I particularly like “Never has my flabber been so completely gasted.”
- Finally, if I haven’t shared it already, here’s a 3 minute video full of gems titled “Year in review: Donald Trump’s craziest quotes in 2017”. Gold, Jerry, GOLD!
Have a great day!
Leave a Reply