Hi team! Hope everyone is doing just swell. Today is a collection of random stuff you’ll find amusing, insightful, and/or offensive to your delicate sensibilities. Let us begin:
- You likely know that “three sheets to the wind” means to be inebriated. You also probably know this but in case you don’t, here’s the background per Dictionary.com: To be “three sheets to the wind” is to be drunk. The sheet is the line that controls the sails on a ship. If the line is not secured, the sail flops in the wind and the ship loses headway and control. If all three sails are loose, the ship is out of control. #ralphclub #boofweek
- Chances are, you’re familiar with the various “40 under 40” and “30 under 30” lists. You know, the lists for which people apply and pay in order to get meaningless publicity. The lists in which the source scours and triages 35 applications to arrive at 30. THE FAKE LISTS FROM FORBES AND VARIOUS OTHER RAGS. Well, the slow employees over at Fast Company recently launched a new list. Meet the Fast Company Queer 50: Introducing the first-ever list of LGBTQ women and nonbinary innovators in business and tech. Inspiring, truly inspiring. What else can we do to further differentiate and segment the population in order to bring people together?
- I legit know someone who recently got a Prince Albert. I try not to bring it up much given he otherwise hates people poking into his business.
- There’s someone on Xbox Live with the gamer tag “GandalfsBawbag.”
- What do you guys think about a show similar to “Animal Face-off” but in lieu of animals, it’s a simulation of violent celebrities fighting each other with analysis provided by industry experts? Any ideas for potential feuds to model out? My first idea is Cliff Asness after a minor down day in the market vs. Hill-Beast Clinton the night of her 2016 defeat. From what I’ve heard at campaign headquarters, Cliff would get his shit tossed.
- “AM” stands for “ante meridiem” (before midday) and “PM” stands for “post meridiem” (you guessed it!).
- And finally, here are some ballin’ license plates from the mean and looted streets of Chicago:
Have a great day!