Annyong and Happy Thanksgiving! Not much to it today so let’s get to it:
- Happy (belated) International Men’s Day!!! That’s right, YOU MISSED IT! November 19th was International Men’s Day and nary a media outlet or coworker announced it or wished me a happy day. For years, Microsoft has force-fed International Women’s Day to my Outlook calendar and if I ever want to run for public office, it’s practically a requirement to have March 8th tattooed on my dick. But lost in the ether is November 19th. I did manage to take this photo:
- Here’s an article from Bloomberg titled “Elon Musk’s Satellites Dot the Heavens, Leaving Stargazers Upset” from July 2019 that I’ve been meaning to share. From the article, “Two days after Elon Musk’s SpaceX launched 60 satellites in May as part of a mission to bring quick internet service to people worldwide, astronomers noticed something different. As some of the satellites zipped past the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona, telescopes trained on the night sky captured streaks of reflected sunlight that marred their view of a far-off star system. Astronomers now worry that the vast number of communications craft planned, including nearly 12,000 of Musk’s Starlink fleet, will shine so brightly that they’ll interfere with research that depends on delicate visual observations of distant galaxies and nearby asteroids. The new satellites will fly lower than many traditional craft, and will arrive in unprecedented numbers — all told, more than double the roughly 5,000 satellites that are circling Earth now.” Here’s a great video from YouTube (“SpaceX Starlink Satellites Spotted Over Netherlands“) that’s only 40 seconds long and shows the imagery of this – it’s pretty damn neat.
- Jeff Bezos is the biggest badass in the valley:
- Online MBAs are currently 96% off the list price on Groupon:
- Finally, I appreciated this cover page from Nick Di Paolo’s website: