- I apologize for my ignorance and for not being aware of this sooner, but did you know that “gun and loan” stores litter rural America? Incredible that they would combine the two. Example: Hodag Gun & Loan up in Northern Wisconsin.
- Did you know that Jesus (of Christ fame) had siblings? According to Wikipedia, “The New Testament describes James, Joseph (Joses), Judas (Jude), and Simon as brothers of Jesus. Also mentioned, but not named, are sisters of Jesus (DD Interjection: typical). Some scholars argue that these brothers, especially James, held positions of special honor in the early Christian church.” Wow.
- Sharks are eating the undersea cables that supply internet to Vietnam and it’s impacted internet speeds and access in the country (photo below). Per this January 2015 Independent article, the underwater trans-Pacific (DD Interjection: what happened, was the Pacific originally the Atlantic before realizing it felt differently inside?) cable that provides internet to much of Southeast Asia saw the latest in a series of ruptures that have blighted Vietnam and other countries in recent months, causing millions to experience slow or intermittent connections. Videos available on YouTube show sharks biting fiber optic cables, perhaps because they mistake electromagnetic waves for bioelectric fields that surround schools of fish. The 20,000 kilometer system required fixing three times in 2014.
- This is the most delicious looking food I’ve ever seen:
- Check out Scorpion Reef off the Yucatan Peninsula on Google Images. The photos don’t do it justicia, but it’s absolutely gorgeous and fantastic diving. Zooming in on it on Google Maps is great – very unique little archipelago.
- And finally, vaChina. PLEASE go to Google Images and look at the photos of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. Truly staggering beauty. Majestic, man. Photos below:
Leave a Reply