What up, WordPress! Today’s song of the day is Bringin’ on the Heartbreak by Def Leppard. Epic. I have some random crap to share with you today so sit back, unbutton your fly, and let it all hang out as I serenade you with my rap. Typing is going VERY fast as this is only the second time I’ve posted on a computer. Random shit to follow:
- Where are my Western Frontierspeople (#feminism) in this readership? Okay, now that I’ve narrowed it down to two of you (one of them being me), who among you remaining individuals is a BIG LEAGUE fan of private equity/venture capital? Down to just me now? Well, Disillusioned Dilettante, you’re going to love the fuck out of Lowercase Capital. Go to the firm’s website and you’ll be immersed in a perfect marriage between frontier manifest destiny and rockstar PE/VC returns. Best. Investment Firm. Ever. John Wayne would’ve been proud. Their list of portfolio companies is under the “Posse” section and is segmented by current holdings (“Still on the Range”) and exited investments (“Sold off Their Claims”). Apply to this firm.
- Planning on having a child soon? Not planning on having a child but still having a child soon? Great! Want to figure out a way to REALLY jump start your child’s 529 college saving plan? Bet on the sex (“gender” or do I smell another lawsuit from LGBTQIA?) of your baby! BabyBookie allows you to start a baby pool and let your friends and family bet on your child’s genitals, among other possible wagers. Place your bet on the baby’s arrival date, gender, weight, or length. Turns out having children can have its minor thrills.
- Like big military equipment? Want to drive around, pretending you’re just innocent, little old Uncle Sam fighting off the ever-threatening, oppressive trade war regimes of the orient? Well get your ass in the car and head to Kasota, Minnesota to try your hand at driving a tank. Drive a Tank allows civilians to drive American tanks starting as low as $299 for the basic package and going up to $2,599 for the full package. Driving tanks, crushing cars, shooting machine guns, perusing geodes at the gift shop. There’s plenty to keep you busy.
- The 78 maps they didn’t teach you in high school. I question the academic rigor of some of these creations but they’re pretty interesting and likely worth your exploration. Part 1 is here and part 2 is here. Check them out, broheims.
- Check out the Jacaranda Tree in Australia. I think these only grow in this one area. Photos below:
“All I’m for is the liberty of the individual.” – John Wayne